[postgis-users] WKTRaster : gdal2wktraster.py cannot read AIG/Arc/Info Binary Grid

Peter Baumann p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
Wed Jul 21 16:09:54 PDT 2010

Hi Leo & Regina,

On 07/22/2010 12:52 AM, Paragon Corporation wrote:
> Peter,
> You might have answered this already and we missed that part, but we
> couldn't gather the answers from the rasdaman site.
> We are in the middle of finishing our book so these questions may seem
> a bit nosy.
> 1) What versions of PostgreSQL does rasdaman support?
8.x

> 2) What OSes -- does it work on/tested on -  all supported by PostgreSQL?
We have run rasdaman on HP-UX, Solaris, SGI/IRIX, IBM/AIX, Linux; client
side also on Win (currently focusing on Linux due to request statistics)

> 3) How many bands can you store per raster or is it any number like
> WKT Raster?
> 4) As far as we can gather - it looks like rasdaman though by default
> chooses to store data in PostgreSQL, can in theory store in any DBMS?
> That it takes more of the middleware  route
> similar to ArcSDE (not talking about what it does, just the general
> how it interfaces with the database)

this is Oracle, IBM DB2, IBM Informix, MySQL, PG, file system

> 5) Are the queries directly callable from PostgreSQL or you have to go
> thru the rasql interface?
PG not yet directly, currently all through rasql. This will change this
fall.

hope it helps, let me know of further questions.

-Peter

--
Dr. Peter Baumann
    mail: p.baumann at jacobs-university.de
    tel: +49-421-200-3178, fax: +49-421-200-493178
    www.rasdaman.com, mail: baumann at rasdaman.com
"Si forte in alienas manus oberraverit hec peregrina epistola incertis ventis dimissa, sed Deo commendata, precamur ut ei reddatur cui soli destinata, nec preripiat quisquam non sibi parata." (mail disclaimer, AD 10xx)