[postgis-users] may have postgis store limits for a big project?

Paul Ramsey pramsey at cleverelephant.ca
Thu Jul 22 09:35:07 PDT 2010

It's still on an experimental branch... but who knows, maybe someone
has a "big production deployment" :) people are strange (like the
folks who deployed PostGIS 0.1 in Solothurn, right Horst?)

You might want to at least try it and see... the two days you invest
in research are probably well worth it when you're looking at 6-figure
deployment costs down the line to go with Oracle. Why not benchmark
them both, while you're at it? Again, a week of testing to confirm a
huge purchasing decision, not a big investment when placed against the
risks of choosing and having to manage balky technology.