[postgis-users] gdal2wktraster.py wildchar not working

Sebastian E. Ovide sebastian.ovide at gmail.com
Fri Jul 23 01:12:34 PDT 2010

Agree...

by the way, the script finished in only 10 minutes and it has created a file
of 35GB ! Still I cannot compare it with Oracle as I do not know yet how
much space it will consume inside PG (in oracle it consumes around 16GB if
not compressed and around 300M if compressed)

sebas at SeansPC:~/rasters$ ls -lh ok.sql
-rw-r--r-- 1 sebas sebas 35G 2010-07-22 17:52 ok.sql

running the sql with psql I'm getting only errors:

sebas at SeansPC:~/rasters$ time psql -d sebas -h 10.0.1.50 -U sebas -f ok.sql
BEGIN
psql:ok.sql:2: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE will create implicit sequence
"sebastable_rid_seq" for serial column "sebastable.rid"
psql:ok.sql:2: NOTICE:  CREATE TABLE / PRIMARY KEY will create implicit
index "sebastable_pkey" for table "sebastable"
CREATE TABLE
psql:ok.sql:3: ERROR:  Invalid SRID
CONTEXT:  SQL statement "SELECT AddRasterColumn('', $1 , $2 , $3 , $4 , $5 ,
$6 , $7 , $8 , $9 , $10 , $11 , $12 , $13 )"
PL/pgSQL function "addrastercolumn" line 4 at SQL statement
psql:ok.sql:4: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:ok.sql:5: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:ok.sql:6: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:ok.sql:7: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:ok.sql:8: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block
psql:ok.sql:9: ERROR:  current transaction is aborted, commands ignored
until end of transaction block

any ideas ?

Sebastian E. Ovide