[postgis-users] How to import SHP without superuser permission?

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Wed Jul 28 07:07:38 PDT 2010

Is your user account the owner of geometry_columns? (often this is postgres)
If not, then use the commands to allow permissions:

GRANT ALL ON TABLE geometry_columns TO someuser;

-- And while you are at it:
GRANT ALL ON TABLE spatial_ref_sys TO someuser;

If you have multiple users, you might want to consider using roles that are
inherited by other users. This way you only need to enable the role
permissions to the tables once, then each user can inherit that role.

-Mike