[postgis-users] PostGIS geography question: wrapping the globe

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Jun 14 23:27:44 PDT 2010

If you can stand it, go slightly smaller than -90,90. do -89,89. That
way the chords are < 180 degrees and go in the directions you expect.

Or, build your box of smaller chords, so go from -90 to -45 to 0 to 45
to 90. That will work too.

The basic rule is: given two points in geography space, which
(naturally) define a great circle, the arc they define is the smaller
of the two arcs in the circle.

P.