[postgis-users] Jython?

Guyren G Howe gisborne at emailuser.net
Wed Jun 30 19:10:02 PDT 2010

I'm just in the early stages of a project for which a variety of geographical reasoning will be needed. I normally work in Rails, but the project is started in TurboGears so we can use all the geographic Python stuff.

But then it occurred to me that I could do the project mostly in Rails and do the geographic stuff in Python, if I used JRuby and Jython. This will let me just get the thing done, rather than have to spend my time learning TurboGears first (it appears to be a fine framework, but the community and documentation are not nearly as robust as those for Rails).

So my question is: how well would it work to use Jython for GIS?