[postgis-users] PostGIS Installation Issues

yoda2nd yoda2nd at niacc.org
Tue May 4 12:32:56 PDT 2010

Hello all,

I have been trying to install PostGIS on Ubuntu Server for the last few
days, however for some reason I can not get the SQL files (postgis.sql,
spatial_ref_sys.sql, etc.) into the database.  All I get is a screenfull
of the following:

psql:/gis/source_code/postgis-1.5.1/postgis/postgis.sql:7458: ERROR:
current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:/gis/source_code/postgis-1.5.1/postgis/postgis.sql:7465: ERROR:
current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:/gis/source_code/postgis-1.5.1/postgis/postgis.sql:7472: ERROR:
current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:/gis/source_code/postgis-1.5.1/postgis/postgis.sql:7478: ERROR:
current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block
psql:/gis/source_code/postgis-1.5.1/postgis/postgis.sql:7485: ERROR:
current transaction is aborted, commands ignored until end of
transaction block

./configure, make, make install all run fine without any errors that I
can see.   Any help would be much appreciated!

Thanks
yoda2nd