[postgis-users] make comments failing

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Wed Oct 27 15:02:27 PDT 2010

Dharmendra,

Which version are you compiling against -- 1.5?  I may need to port my fix
to 1.5 but didn't since I wasn't sure it wouldn't cause other problems.

I got that error too for the postgis 2.0 when calling make comments under
MingW and removed the utf-8 stuff.
Before I would just make the comments using a made up script I had so didn't
notice this error under windows before.

It should be fixed in postgis 2.0.

FWIW: You really don't need to make the comments since they are packaged
with the postgis tar source ball.

Thanks,
Regina
h <http://www.postgis.us> ttp://www.postgis.us