[postgis-users] Retrieve a feature having point coordinates

Michel Seuthe m.seuthe at googlemail.com
Tue Dec 27 02:32:59 PST 2011

Yap, as i said it only works for points. If you have lines or polygons you
may build the bounding box of them and try it with st_xmin etc.
It did it this way:

SELECT id,tags,linestring
FROM ( SELECT id,tags,linestring,(each(tags)).key AS key FROM ways ) sub
WHERE st_xmin(st_box2d(linestring)) >=9.362383 AND
st_xmax(st_box2d(linestring)) <=9.417143
AND st_ymin(st_box2d(linestring)) >= 51.478924 AND
st_ymax(st_box2d(linestring)) <=51.511413;