[postgis-users] postgis visual client

j.rolland jrmrolland at aol.com
Fri Feb 11 07:59:24 PST 2011

John,

MapWindow6 or .NET 4.0 don't need to be installed,

1) just download
http://dl.free.fr/icO8LcHoa PostGISViewer  and decompress it like follow :

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30902546/directory_postgisviewer.jpg

2) define the binaries directory in PgAdmin III Preferences :

http://old.nabble.com/file/p30902546/preferences_pgadminIII.jpg

you can see that the PostGisViewer directory is in C:\Program
Files\PostgreSQL\9.0\bin

3) put the lines that follow in the plugins.ini file

;
; PgViewer (Windows)
;
[Separator]
Title=PostGisViewer
Command="$$PGBINDIR\PostGisViewer\PGViewer.exe"  "host=$$HOSTNAME"
"port=$$PORT" "username=$$USERNAME" "password=$$PASSWORD"
"database=$$DATABASE" "schema=$$SCHEMA"  "table=$$TABLE"
Description=PostGIS Viewer
KeyFile=$$PGBINDIR\PostGisViewer\PGViewer.exe
Platform=windows
ServerType=postgresql
Database=Yes
;AppliesTo=database
SetPassword=Yes

4) When you start again PgAdmin you must see PostGisViewer in the Plugins
Menu.

I am using PostgreSQL 9.0 and PgAdmin III 1.12.1 , but i had also tested my
plugin with Postgresql 8.2 /8.4 and PgAdmin III 1.10

regards,
Jérôme Rolland