[postgis-users] rasters not read

Jorge Arévalo jorge.arevalo at deimos-space.com
Tue Jan 4 07:41:23 PST 2011

On Tue, Jan 4, 2011 at 3:56 PM, Paolo Cavallini <cavallini at faunalia.it> wrote:
> Il giorno mar, 04/01/2011 alle 15.38 +0100, Jorge Arévalo ha scritto:
>> This is a problem with GDAL driver, not a PostGIS one.
>
> Strange, it is working on a db created about a week ago, not on the more
> recent ones. Same gdal.

Could you told me the PostGIS Raster versions used to create both dbs?
If you can't, at least the commands used to create the db that is
causing you problems

>> - What version of GDAL are you using? (gdalinfo --version)
>
> 1.7.2 from debian experimental.

This version of GDAL uses an old version of the GDAL driver. I made
some improvements a couple of months ago. Using the last GDAL version
from trunk may help. But let's see what's happening with the db,
before doing this

>> - Did you specify the srid when you loaded the raster files? Using -s
>> option in raster2pgsql.py
>
> Yes; I tried with 2 different EPSG, no difference.

The SRID for Spain TIFF files (if you're using these
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6599273/srtm_spain.zip) is 4326.

> Thanks a lot.

Thanks to you for providing me feedback :-). I'd like to help users as
much as I can. And to learn, of course.

Best regards,

--
Jorge Arévalo