[postgis-users] rookie question: how to extract latitude and longitude values from geography(POINT) column?

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Wed Jan 5 07:09:49 PST 2011

I haven't tried them specifically with the geography type, but I would
assume that ST_AsText(), ST_X(), and ST_Y() should work.

Something like:

SELECT ST_X(myGeogColName), ST_Y(myGeogColName)
   FROM myTable;

Take a look at the docs here:
http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.3/ch06.html#id2575402

David.