[postgis-users] Encoding error on shp2pgsql

Dheeraj Chand dheeraj at dheerajchand.com
Thu Jan 6 15:42:29 PST 2011

Hello, all!

First post, and it's a repeat of a question I was asking in the IRC channel.

I'm having some trouble with shp2pgsql. I installed PostGIS 1.5.2 from
source, on PostgreSQL 9.0.2, from source, and I think that I must have done
something incorrectly, because when I try to load a shapefile into a
database created according to the PostGIS template, I get an encoding error.
I realise that the term output here is long, but would someone mind taking a
look at it and confirming that I did this correctly?
http://dheerajchand.pastebin.com/YaHt3kAp

Thanks,

-dx