[postgis-users] Why use C procedurals for Postgres

Nicklas Avén nicklas.aven at jordogskog.no
Fri Jan 21 06:13:52 PST 2011

Hallo

You should not need do change any security settings that is default in
PostgreSQL to run PostGIS.
But if there is some security setting that that is customized to not
allow C-langage functions there will be problems since PostGIS is
written in C.

But if you have not customized any security settings in PostgreSQL this
is just a symptom of something els.

What OS are you running?

/Nicklas