[postgis-users] WKTRaster problems on Mac

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Tue Jan 25 11:01:52 PST 2011

Ken,

Did you use the theming features of OpenJump.  That is what we usually use
to see the output.

Here is a snapshot from the latest revision of our raster chapter of our
upcoming book (due out hopefully in Mid-late February in print).
Which is the output of this query (a raster intersected with a 100 meter
radius buffer)  after we apply a gradient theme.

SELECT CAST((gval).val As integer) AS val,
     ST_AsBinary((gval).geom) As geom
FROM (
SELECT ST_Intersection(rast,1,buf.geom) As gval
FROM ch13.kauai
     INNER JOIN (
     SELECT ST_Buffer(
      ST_GeomFromText('POINT(444205 2438785)',26904),100)
     As geom) As buf ON
    ST_Intersects(rast,buf.geom))      As foo

Also BTW:  Didn't see an image attached to your email.

Also I recall OJ has some issues with double precision and long int which is
why we cast it to an integer

Hope that helps,
Regina and Leo
http://www.postgis.us