[postgis-users] ST_OffsetCurve

Sandro Santilli strk at keybit.net
Wed Jun 29 01:59:05 PDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 29, 2011 at 10:22:31AM +0200, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> I would also be interested in having "open buffers" - which means
> two parallel lines, but no line ends. I would assume that "open
> buffers" and ST_OffsetCurve would be quite similar to implement?

I guess you could just collect the results of two ST_OffsetCurve
calls to obtain what you call "open buffer".

> The single sided buffers are already available in GEOS and Postgis,
> right?

They are available in GEOS, not yet in PostGIS I'm afraid.

> Any estimates how much work (hours/money) it would be to improve the
> patch and also do the tests and documentation?

I belive it'll take around 10 hours, which would cost me 600 EUR.
It'd take 5 funders (120 EUR each) or 2 funders (300 EUR each).

--strk;