[postgis-users] ST_OffsetCurve

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Wed Jun 29 02:11:33 PDT 2011

> I guess you could just collect the results of two ST_OffsetCurve
> calls to obtain what you call "open buffer".

 yes, that would work.

>> The single sided buffers are already available in GEOS and Postgis,
>> right?
>
> They are available in GEOS, not yet in PostGIS I'm afraid.

 ok - can you do an estimate on that one as well?

>> Any estimates how much work (hours/money) it would be to improve the
>> patch and also do the tests and documentation?
>
> I belive it'll take around 10 hours, which would cost me 600 EUR.
> It'd take 5 funders (120 EUR each) or 2 funders (300 EUR each).

 ok - that is reasonable. We can pay for that - no need to split it up.
 Let's get in contact off-list.

 I hope that someone else can pay for the single-sided buffer to be
 available in Postgis? Any takers?

 Andreas

 --
 Andreas Neumann