[postgis-users] ST_OffsetCurve

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Wed Jun 29 02:17:39 PDT 2011

Hello all,

Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net>, [20110629 - 11:11:33]

> > I guess you could just collect the results of two ST_OffsetCurve
> > calls to obtain what you call "open buffer".
>
>  yes, that would work.
>
> >> The single sided buffers are already available in GEOS and Postgis,
> >> right?
> >
> > They are available in GEOS, not yet in PostGIS I'm afraid.
>
>  ok - can you do an estimate on that one as well?
>
> >> Any estimates how much work (hours/money) it would be to improve
> >> the patch and also do the tests and documentation?
> >
> > I belive it'll take around 10 hours, which would cost me 600 EUR.
> > It'd take 5 funders (120 EUR each) or 2 funders (300 EUR each).
>
>  ok - that is reasonable. We can pay for that - no need to split it
> up. Let's get in contact off-list.
>
>  I hope that someone else can pay for the single-sided buffer to be
>  available in Postgis? Any takers?

I thought that this was included in the estimation from strk as well?
The initallay mentioned patch provided this already, but needs to get
reworked as well as added tests and documentation.

But I might me wrong.

Best
	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de> | Tel.: +49 (0)541-33 508 3663
Intevation GmbH, Neuer Graben 17, 49074 OS  |  AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998