[postgis-users] Help for my error when I install Postgis

truongxuan quang truongxuanquang at yahoo.com
Mon May 16 10:23:15 PDT 2011

Dear list

I face with some problem in installation PostgreSQL 8.3 on winXP , long time
before I use PostgreSQL and PostGIS for managing shape file data. Last week I
tried to install PostgreSQL 8.4, after that I remove PostgreSQL 8.3 (I only
uninstalled inside windows control panel/add and then I delete all folder inside
window programs) and I reinstall PostgreSQL 8.4, and problem was starting happen
from this step, until now, I could not connect data by my user and password or
start PostgreSQL8.4 service from Administrative Tools . Even I tried to
uninstall and reinstall for at least 20 times, delete folder, remove
user/password on Administrative Tools.

Could you please help me to fix my problem

Many thanks

T.X.Quang