[postgis-users] Create View problem

Clay, Bruce bclay at ball.com
Thu May 19 12:36:15 PDT 2011

This is probably a question for the QGis folks but I wanted to check here first where ther is likely a larger audience.

I create several spatial tables using PostGis and all are visible in QGis on their own.

When I create a view in PostGis that reaches into a variety of tables I see the name of the view in QGis but the type is "Waiting" and I get an error indicating that QGis can not load the data because it is "unable to determine srid and column shape in <view name>" then it shows an error <view name>(shape) sql is an invalid layer.
The SQL is used to create the view follows:

CREATE OR REPLACE VIEW mission_data.S1_objects AS
    select M1.object_name, M2.center_lat, m2.center_lon, M2.scene_id, M2.OID,
    ST_Transform(M2.shape,4326) as shape  from mission_data.mission_info M1
    join mission_data.objects M2 ON  M1.object_name = M2.object_name
   where M1.mission_name = 'E3 Scenario 1' and M1.list_title = 'Object List';

and I alos tried a simpler query

CREATE VIEW mission_data.S1_test AS
    SELECT OID, ST_Transform(shape,4326) As shape, object_name
    FROM mission_data.objects;

but they both gave the same errors

I did search the QGis forum web site but did not find anything clues or reported issues

Bruce