[postgis-users] ST_Intersects Error

Bborie Park bkpark at ucdavis.edu
Tue Nov 1 07:43:17 PDT 2011

On Tue, Nov 1, 2011 at 7:10 AM, elliott <elliott at cpi.com> wrote:
> I am getting the following error when using the ST_Intersects function in
> this query:
>
> STATEMENT:  select ST_Value(rast, ST_Transform(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(126.5,
> 37.5), 4326), ST_SRID(rast))) from srtm3 where ST_Intersects(rast,
> ST_Transform(ST_SetSRID(ST_Point(126.5, 37.5), 4326), ST_SRID(rast)));
> ERROR:  lower bound of FOR loop cannot be null
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "_st_intersects" line 97 at FOR with integer
> loop variable
>
> I am not sure what it is complaining about.  Any help would be greatly
> appreciated.

What revision are you running?  Based upon your query and the error
message, I believe the PostGIS revision you are running is out of
date.  The function signature for ST_Intersects changed recently (~ 1
month ago) and I resolved that exact error you're getting in r7975.
So, please do upgrade to at least r7975.

-bborie
--
Bborie Park
Programmer