[postgis-users] Slow Query Times for Split Tiles

elliott elliott at cpi.com
Fri Nov 4 05:50:11 PDT 2011

Yes, I am certain that the table has been indexed. If I use the
raster2pgsql.py script with the -I option to load additional data, it
complains that the table is already indexed.

  Querying for 10,000 lat/lons on locations that have not been imported
into the database is very fast returning in 2 seconds.   It can very
quickly determine that there are no intersections.  However, when there
are intersections for all 10,000 lat/lons, the query is taking over 2
minutes.  Would you expect the performance to be better than that?