[postgis-users] ERROR: Operation on two geometries with different SRIDs

Stefan Schwarzer stefan.schwarzer at unep.org
Mon Nov 7 06:07:24 PST 2011

Hi there,

I am somewhat fighting with the projection of my file.

I have a file for Morocco, which, after ArcMap, has the following projection:

       Projected Coordinate System:	zone1
       Projection:	Lambert_Conformal_Conic
       False_Easting:	500000.00000000
       False_Northing:	300000.00000000
       Central_Meridian:	-5.40000000
       Standard_Parallel_1:	34.86600000
       Standard_Parallel_2:	31.72500000
       Scale_Factor:	1.00000000
       Latitude_Of_Origin:	33.30000000
       Linear Unit: 	Meter
       Geographic Coordinate System:	GCS_Merchich_Degree
       Datum: 	D_Merchich

After looking around, it seems to be the EPSG 26191 (http://spatialreference.org/ref/epsg/26191/).

Now, trying to import it with:

       shp2pgsql -s EPSG:26191 -I -D morocco.shp morocco > morocco.sql
       psql -U xxxx my_database < morocco.sql

I can see in the SQL file that the SRID is set to -1. If I change this to 26191, and try to import it then, it gives me an error message:

       ERROR:  new row for relation "morocco" violates check constraint "enforce_srid_the_geom"

So, I changed the SRID in the geometry_columns manually.

But when trying to map the layer, I receive the error messsage:

        ERROR: Operation on two geometries with different SRIDs

My Mapserver.map file show only SQLs with 26191, for projection of main document, as well as SQLs such as:

        DATA 'the_geom FROM morocco USING UNIQUE gid USING srid=26191'

Extent and units of the mapserver file have been changed to the proper extent/units.

So, I am confused about where the problem comes from. It would be great if someone could give me a hint where the error lies.

Thanks a lot!