[postgis-users] ERROR: Operation on two geometries with different SRIDs

Mark Cave-Ayland mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk
Mon Nov 7 07:14:49 PST 2011

On 07/11/11 14:07, Stefan Schwarzer wrote:

> Now, trying to import it with:
>
>         shp2pgsql -s EPSG:26191 -I -D morocco.shp morocco>  morocco.sql
>         psql -U xxxx my_database<  morocco.sql

Hi Stefan,

The SRID argument to shp2pgsql should just be a plain numeric field, and
not have the EPSG prefix in front of it, e.g.:

shp2pgsql -s 26191 -I -D morocco.shp morocco>  morocco.sql

This should generate you a file with the SRID 26191 which should load
without any further issues.

HTH,

Mark.

PostgreSQL - PostGIS