[postgis-users] Building GEOS 3.3.1 on Ubuntu

Aren Cambre aren at arencambre.com
Sun Nov 27 07:01:14 PST 2011

Thanks!

I altered http://trac.osgeo.org/geos/wiki/BuildingOnUnixWithAutotools to
make it more clear--skip the first step if you aren't using the "straight
from SVN" copy.

For some reason, autogen.bat was included in the 3.3.1 .tar.gz but not
autogen.sh. That threw me off, but now I see that autogen appears to only
be needed to make the configuration file?

The last time I compiled a C++ program was during my CS undergrad, and it
shows. :-)

Aren