[postgis-users] Geocoding cross streets?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Mon Nov 28 19:38:18 PST 2011

* Paragon Corporation (lr at pcorp.us) wrote:
> The cross streets feature takes a different algorithm.  We do have that
> coded as a sub process in one of our projects, but it's not committed in
> tiger geocoder.  Feel free to post a ticket under tiger_geocoder
> if you are interested  in seeing it incorporated into tiger geocoder.

That'd certainly be nice..  It was always one of the things on my "todo"
list for the tiger geocoder.

> Right now what we have can be relatively easily incorporated in tiger
> geocoder to be a function of the form:
>
> geocode_intersection(roadway1, roadway2, city, state, zip)

I don't see why we wouldn't support both..  Have the above function,
have the previous "non-intersection street address" function, and then
one which works for both..  What we call them could be up to some
debate, but I don't see a reason to not support all the options, if we
can reasonably do so (and I feel like we can..).

	Thanks!

		Stephen