[postgis-users] Geocoding cross streets?

Stephen Frost sfrost at snowman.net
Tue Nov 29 09:42:20 PST 2011

* Stephen Woodbridge (woodbri at swoodbridge.com) wrote:
> I currently have some lists of names that are converted to optimized
> pcre regular expressions. I uses these to help separate the street
> from the city name. The lists are only used to create header files
> that contain the regular expressions that get compiled into the
> code. The idea being that these names are reasonably static for a
> given data set.

Ah, ok, I see.  When converting this to a PG function, I'd probably want
to go ahead and pull those lists from the TIGER data set and compile the
regexps on PG backend startup instead.  Does it handle misspelled names
or do any kind of "sounds like" searching on the city names?  I'm
guessing 'no', but figured I'd ask anyway..

	Thanks!

		Stephen