[postgis-users] no template_postgis

Maria Arias de Reyna marias at emergya.es
Fri Sep 2 01:07:23 PDT 2011

El Viernes 02 Septiembre 2011, vassilis Trigkas escribió:
> I install post gis 1.5 in ubuntu 11.04 with postgresql 9.0 but I can't find
>  template_postgis. I try to do a new database from pgAdmin and i' didnt
> find template_postgis. The only way i to run postgis.sql

I usually do the template_postgis myself. You just have to create a postgis
database named template_postgis.

http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-1.5/ch02.html#id2619431

*Some packaged distributions* of PostGIS (in particular the Win32 installers
for PostGIS >= 1.1.5) load the PostGIS functions into a template database
called template_postgis. If the template_postgis database exists in your
PostgreSQL....

Some packaged distributions, not all.

--
María Arias de Reyna Domínguez
Área de Operaciones

Emergya Consultoría
Tfno: +34 954 51 75 77 / +34 607 43 74 27
Fax: +34 954 51 64 73
www.emergya.es