[postgis-users] compile on solaris 11 sparc

Paul Ramsey pramsey at opengeo.org
Mon Sep 5 16:51:57 PDT 2011

Yeah, I was going to ask a similar question: we want a tool that does
everything cpp does (replacements, inclusions, conditions), but isn't
cpp?

P.

On Mon, Sep 5, 2011 at 8:06 AM, Chris Hermansen
<chris.hermansen at tecogroup.ca> wrote:
> Please pardon my ignorance of all things windows but is the cpp not one of
> those universal components of the c programming environment?
>
> (apologies in advance I know.this is not a postgis question)
>
> On Sep 5, 2011 4:51 AM, "Mark Cave-Ayland" <mark.cave-ayland at siriusit.co.uk>
> wrote:
>> On 02/09/11 18:02, Doug McComber wrote:
>>
>>> I've got this in my profile:
>>>
>>> # 64 bit compiling
>>> CC="gcc"
>>> CXX="g++"
>>> CPP="gcc"
>>> CFLAGS="-m64"
>>> CPPFLAGS="-m64"
>>> CXXFLAGS="-m64"
>>>
>>> # 3rd party libray
>>> LDFLAGS="-L/usr/local/lib"
>>>
>>> and ran source ~/.profile
>>>
>>> Despite that I found I had to add some of that to the configure command
>>> (shouldn't have to log out after sourcing profile right?) like so:
>>>
>>> ./configure CC=gcc CFLAGS=-m64 CPPFLAGS=-m64 CXXFLAGS=-m64
>>> LDFLAGS=-L/usr/local/lib --with-geosconfig=/usr/local/bin/geos-config
>>>
>>> This completes without error. The only warnings I saw were about dblatex
>>> and CUnit. The final output of configure being:
>>>
>>> PostGIS is now configured for sparc-sun-solaris2.11

>>> lwcollection.o lwcircstring.o lwcompound.o lwcurvepoly.o lwmcurve.o
>>> lwmsurface.o lwutil.o lwalgorithm.o lwgunparse.o lwgparse.o
>>> lwsegmentize.o wktparse.tab.o lex.yy.o vsprintf.o g_box.o g_coord.o
>>> g_geometry.o g_ptarray.o g_serialized.o g_util.o lwgeodetic.o lwtree.o
>>> lwspheroid.o
>>> ar: creating liblwgeom.a
>>> make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/doug/sources/postgis-1.5.3/liblwgeom'
>>> make -C postgis
>>> make[1]: Entering directory `/home/doug/sources/postgis-1.5.3/postgis'
>>> /opt/studio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc -Xa -E -traditional-cpp postgis.sql.in.c |
>>> grep -v '^#' > postgis.sql.in
>>> /bin/sh: line 1: /opt/studio11/SUNWspro/bin/cc: not found
>>> make[1]: *** [postgis.sql.in] Error 1
>>> make[1]: *** Deleting file `postgis.sql.in'