[postgis-users] raster2pgsql: AddRasterColumn / No function matches the given name and argument

Paragon Corporation lr at pcorp.us
Fri Sep 9 04:19:22 PDT 2011

> Do you think the PostGIS Bug #1175 could be related to this
> (http://old.nabble.com/-PostGIS---1175%3A-AddRasterColumn-is-b
> roken-td32348025.html)?
> I also compiled GDAL with python bindings and Postgis with
> raster support...
>
> The commands I executed are:
> python /usr/local/pgsql/bin/raster2pgsql.py -r ./katrina.tif
> -t katrina -l 1 -k 64x64 -o katrina.sql -s 4326 -I -M #And
> then /usr/local/pgsql/bin/psql -d growup -f ./katrina.sql -U postgres
>
> Does anyone have a solution for this problem? What am I missing?
>
> Thanks so much for your help!
> Best wishes,
> Sebastian

Sebastian,

You can just reinstall the rtpostgis.sql file to make sure you
are up to date.  Structurs haven't changed but the Addraster.. ws fixed.

Just ignore the errors you see.

Alternatically you can just copy and reinstall the
AddRasterColumn functions from the rtpostgis.sql

but just runnning that portion of the script.

Hope that helps,
Regina
http://www.postgis.us