[postgis-users] Installer bugs ?

poultee simple_hot_ice at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 12 19:08:25 PDT 2011

Hello,
1) Just upgraded to postgres 9.0 and wanted to  install postgis using
stack builder...the installer gets downloaded but when i execute i get a
message saying i already have the postgis template DB...Which is not
true..at least not on 9.0; I choose to create a new one but the i get an
error message saying removal of template_postgis failed. BECAUSE  "psql:
FATAL:  database "template_postgis" does not exist" :)).. So i  cant
install this  way at all (at least so it seems)
2)I tried  using the bat file from  and it copies the db file and when
it gets to the create  DB part  i get a message saying psql is not
recognized as an internal or external commannd, operable program or
batch file