[postgis-users] undefined symbol: DirectFunctionCall2 ?

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue Sep 27 19:14:16 PDT 2011

On 9/27/2011 5:14 PM, Greg Allensworth wrote:
> On 9/27/2011 2:09 PM, Paul Ramsey wrote:
>> Some functions are just plain Dropped between versions, and actually
>> the ones you cited looked like losers to me. The best bet is to put a
>> dump against a clean newly installed PostGIS database.
>
> OK, good, good. I'll give that a shot, and let you know if it doesn't work.
>
> Thanks a million, Paul. You and your work are highly appreciated.

Greg,

One thing I have done to avoid this issue is that I never loaded
anything into the public schema. The first thing I do in a new database
is create a schema "data" and load everything into that and/or other
schemas but never into "public". Oh, and I do:
   alter database mydb set search_path to data, public;

Then I can pg_dump -N public and get all my data without any of the
postgis stuff. To reload I create a new database with postgis installed
and just load my data and stored procedures.

This cuts out a lot of headaches for me so far. YMMV :)

-Steve W