[postgis-users] 2.0 Install on Windows

JamesH james.holmes at newcastle.ac.uk
Tue Apr 10 06:25:52 PDT 2012

"are you using the batch script?"
I haven't with previous PostGIS versions no, I've preferred copying the file
structures manually to make sure.

Tried it this time however, edited the batchfile variables with my password
and port number etc. and then ran as Administrator.

Returned that some files hadn't copied (included in image). Did I need to
alter the variables marked in the batch file as 'xcopy'?

http://postgis.17.n6.nabble.com/file/n4751762/cmderror2.jpg

Queried the created example_postgis20 database.
SELECT postgis_full_version returned:
"POSTGIS="2.0.0rc2 r9589" GEOS="3.3.3-CAPI-1.7.4" PROJ="Rel. 4.8.0, 6 March
2012" GDAL="GDAL 1.9.0,
released 2011/12/29" LIBXML="2.7.8" LIBJSON="UNKNOWN" TOPOLOGY RASTER"
This seems to me that my postgis version is wrong? That I still have Beta4
installed?

Looked to copy the binary structures manually as have done before but I keep
finding that the files in the 2.0.0
 binaries are older than the ones in the PostgreSQL folders from previous
installations.

e.g. postgis-2.0.dll in 2.0.0 binaries: Created 27th Jan 2012, Modified 04th
April 2012.
postgis-2.0.dll already in PostgreSQL\9.1\lib: Created 3rd April 2012,
Modified 3rd April 2012.
Is this an issue, should I copy the older ones from the downloaded binaries
or leave the existing ones?

Much appreciated,
James

-----