[postgis-users] A question on ST_RemEdgeModFace usability

Andrea Peri aperi2007 at gmail.com
Thu Apr 12 14:31:14 PDT 2012

>Thats why I said to remove just the primitives which depend on the
>geometry deleted (and not from any other one). This way one can clean
>the primitives which are not shared by any other geometry. Its like the
>garbage collector Sandro said before.
>After that one can insert again the whole modified geometry.
>Dont know if I could explain myself.
Sorry, but I'm not sure to understand

So I try to do an example.
Suppose to have this topology and every topogeometry is coincident with a
single face

    +----e1-------+----e2-------+----e3-------+
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    |    F1       |    F2       |     F3      |
    e13          e14           e15           e16
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    +-----e4------+----e5-------+-----e6------+
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    |     F4      |     F5      |     F6      |
   e17           e18           e19           e20
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    +-----e7------+-----e8------+-----e9------+
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    |     F9      |     F8      |     F7      |
   e21           e22           e23           e24
    |             |             |             |
    |             |             |             |
    +-----e10-----+-----e11-----+-----e12-----+

topogeometry T1 = face F1
T2 = F2
and so on..

If I suppose to whan remove the edge e19.
That edge I plan to remove is boundary between the F5 and F6 and so the
edge e19 is boundary on
Topogeometry T5 and topogeometry T6.

You suppose to remove temporary the topogeometry T5 and T6 right ?
After this use the ST_RemEdgeModFace to remove the edge "e19" and after
this reapply the two topogeometry
T5 and T6 using the totopogeo ?
I fear that the totopogeom will re.create the edge e19 calling it "e25" :(

--
Andrea Peri