[postgis-users] Advantages and disadvantages of storing raster in PostGIS raster

Jakub Hettler jakub.hettler at gmail.com
Thu Aug 23 13:12:26 PDT 2012

That was one of my questions, how to make analasys on tiled rasters? Is
that possible or not, I tried to make ST_Union on 200 tiles and I stopped
it after a few minutes :)

I am testing raster automatic publication of OGC services through PostGIS
raster and image mosaic JDBC plugin and Java a I am quiet satisfied, but I
have only small rasters (max 30 Mb), I expected that it will be really slow
(reading raster from database, merging together and visualize them), but I
am quite surprised.

But I expect that the same rasters will be faster from file system.

Thanks

Jakub