[postgis-users] Installing raster in POSTGIS 2.0

nikhil nikhil_morajkar at yahoo.com
Fri Feb 10 12:24:11 PST 2012

Hi,
Previously i was using Postgresql 9.1 and later unstalled it and installed
9.0.Therefore i was getting many errors i suppose.  Also i was using
postgis-2.0.0alpha3SVN before.

But now I have reinstalled my OS (UBUNTU 11.04) and have freshly installed
postgresql 9.1. and downloaded postgis-2.0.0alpha5SVN(i think its the
latest).

INSTALLATION PROBLEMS:
I have tried installing from
(http://postgis.refractions.net/documentation/manual-svn/postgis_installation.html)
this again and this time i skipped;
2.5. Create a spatially-enabled database on PostgreSQL lower than 9.1

and directly did the next step, I could successfully run this command:
psql -d [yourdatabase] -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis;"

But the following command dint run successfully:
psql -d [yourdatabase] -c "CREATE EXTENSION postgis_topology;"  and gave
following error:
ERROR:  function getringedges(character varying, integer) does not exist

After checking the tables (using pgadmin 3)
One table was created name: spatial_ref_sys
and 882 functions were loaded
and 4 views namely:
       geography_columns
       geometry_columns
       raster_columns
       raster_overviews

Is everything fine with my database? Will I be able to import a raster image
in my database? And what should i do to make postgis_topology extension to
work, please suggest something.

thanks,
nikhil morajkar
IIT Bombay