[postgis-users] Installing on Debian

Stefano Iacovella stefano.iacovella at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:30:36 PDT 2012

Hi Alex

It sounds like you are missing the headers and include files for compilation.
Check if it is installed on your box:

stefano at vmora11gsrv:~$ dpkg -l | grep libxml2
ii  libxml-libxml-perl                  1.70.ds-1
   Perl interface to the libxml2 library
ii  libxml2                             2.7.6.dfsg-1ubuntu1.5
   GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dev                         2.7.6.dfsg-1ubuntu1.5
   Development files for the GNOME XML library

if it is not than you can add it with aptitude:

sudo apt-get install libxml2-dev

Hope it helps

Stefano
41.95581N 12.52854E