[postgis-users] Installing on Debian

Alex Borrell borrellalex at gmail.com
Thu Jun 14 11:59:38 PDT 2012

Thanks for help Stefano,

I run the command, it seems to be installed, here are the results:

aborrell at geo4:/usr/lib$ dpkg -l | grep libxml2
ii  libxml-libxml-perl
1.89+dfsg-1                                Perl interface to the libxml2
library
ii  libxml2
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              GNOME XML library
ii  libxml2-dbg
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              Debugging symbols for the GNOME
XML library
ii  libxml2-dev
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              Development files for the GNOME
XML library
ii  libxml2-utils
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              XML utilities
ii  libxml2-utils-dbg
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              XML utilities (debug extension)
ii  python-libxml2
2.8.0+dfsg1-3                              Python bindings for the GNOME
XML library
ii  python-lxml
2.3.2-1                                    pythonic binding for the libxml2
and libxslt libraries

The machine is running Ubuntu 12.04 with some libraries from debian testing.

Thanks again for your kind help,

Alex