[postgis-users] Fwd: PostGis Update from alpha 7 to beta 1.

Antoine Guidi antoine.guidi at gmail.com
Sun Mar 4 05:39:48 PST 2012

Hello. And tahnks for your answer. But I still have two questions.

I am using extensions so I think the method you  mention is when you
are not using extensions.
In the Manual for PostGis I can find:
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.0.0beta2SVN";
ALTER EXTENSION postgis_topology UPDATE TO "2.0.0beta2SVN";

If this is the process of installing a fresh install:
./configure
make
make comments

for extensions :
cd extensions
cd postgis
make clean
make
make isntall
cd ..
cd postgis_topology
make clean
make
make install

for postgis:
make check
make install
make comments-install

where do I stop before I run
ALTER EXTENSION postgis UPDATE TO "2.0.0beta2SVN";
ALTER EXTENSION postgis_topology UPDATE TO "2.0.0beta2SVN";
in psql?

Thank you.

From Salvatore Larosa:

Hi,
download .tar.gz and rebuild it, then running:
/postgis/postgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql
/topology/topology_upgrade_20_minor.sql
/raster/rt_pg/rtpostgis_upgrade_20_minor.sql
as postgres user for apply to your dbs!