[postgis-users] Postgis raster vs Tiff Files with MapSrver

Pierre Racine Pierre.Racine at sbf.ulaval.ca
Mon Mar 19 09:09:49 PDT 2012

Andrea,

> The explain I guess is that MapServer (ggdal) calling from a postgis raster do'nt
> take any advantage from the overviews.
> Instead it take advantage from overview when call a file tiff.

The PostGIS Raster GDAL driver is still being optimized. It should be faster soon.

> Now I will go to try to understand the query that MapServer is using to retry the
> postgis-raster.
> I guess perhaps it is using a wrong query ...

Did you explicitly create the overview when loading the raster using the -l OVERVIEW_FACTOR option?

There is a bug right now in the driver preventing it from working with overviews: http://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/ticket/4416

You have to execute rtpostgis_legacy.sql to rename the necessary columns to the old names.

Pierre