[postgis-users] windows binaries for rc1 avaialble -- should fix people's issues

Chris English sglish at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 29 13:54:26 PDT 2012

Regina,

Worked great, no snags, going off to wrestle with tiger_geocoder_2010.

Thanks,
Chris English

From: lr at pcorp.us
To: postgis-users at postgis.refractions.net
Date: Thu, 29 Mar 2012 13:32:24 -0400
Subject: Re: [postgis-users] windows binaries for rc1 avaialble -- should	fix people's issues

All we have windows binaries rc1 up.

John,

You were right about the xml.  We neglected to package
this dll in the postgis 2.0.0 experimental builds thinking that EDB builds
already had them.  Theirs has a different name though.

So I think all people who were installing with on an instance
that had postgis 1.5. didn't notice it because we distributed that dll with the
postgis 1.5s.

We didn't notice the issues until trying ot install on a
virgin windows xp install.  Anyrate the rc1s up should work fine for
everythong

http://www.postgis.org/download/windows/experimental.php

For
people who had issues before, please let us know if you still have issues with
the rc1 builds.

Looks
like there will be an Rc2 since we've already got fixes up and tickets.
We;d like as many people testing so we can have a good RC2.

Thanks,
Regina