[postgis-users] tiger_geocoder import error

Mario Sileone msileone at gmail.com
Tue May 22 05:47:03 PDT 2012

Dear Jeff:
	according to the error detailed
ERROR:  INSERT has more expressions than target columns
	You Have:
the_geom,intptlon,intptlat,awater,aland,funcstat,uace,ur,mtfcc,name,tabblock_id,blockce,tractce,countyfp,statefp

Which count 15 expressions and

the_geom,intptlon10,intptlat10,awater10,aland10,funcstat10,uatyp10,uace10,ur10,mtfcc10,name10,tabblock_id,blockce10,tractce10,countyfp10,statefp10

are 16 values.

So, or You have a missin expression or one more value, check this.

Best Regards

El 22/05/2012 8:45, Jeff Rossi escribió:
> Sorry if this is a double post, had an issue with my mail server and had to
> use my personal email.
>
> This is my first project with postgresql/postgis and it is possible and
> maybe even probable that I made an error.  I used pgadmin to generate import
> scripts by state and started with florida. The errors are below:
>
> ####
>
> COMMIT
> NOTICE:  INSERT INTO
> tiger_data.fl_tabblock(the_geom,intptlon,intptlat,awater,aland,funcstat,uace,ur,mtfcc,name,tabblock_id,blockce,tractce,countyfp,statefp)
> SELECT
> the_geom,intptlon10,intptlat10,awater10,aland10,funcstat10,uatyp10,uace10,ur10,mtfcc10,name10,tabblock_id,blockce10,tractce10,countyfp10,statefp10
> FROM tiger_staging.fl_tabblock10;
> CONTEXT:  SQL function "loader_load_staged_data" statement 1
> ERROR:  INSERT has more expressions than target columns
> LINE 1: ...name10,tabblock_id,blockce10,tractce10,countyfp10,statefp10 ...
>                                                              ^
> QUERY:  INSERT INTO
> tiger_data.fl_tabblock(the_geom,intptlon,intptlat,awater,aland,funcstat,uace,ur,mtfcc,name,tabblock_id,blockce,tractce,countyfp,statefp)
> SELECT
> the_geom,intptlon10,intptlat10,awater10,aland10,funcstat10,uatyp10,uace10,ur10,mtfcc10,name10,tabblock_id,blockce10,tractce10,countyfp10,statefp10
> FROM tiger_staging.fl_tabblock10;
> CONTEXT:  PL/pgSQL function "loader_load_staged_data" line 24 at EXECUTE
> statement
> SQL function "loader_load_staged_data" statement 1
>
> ####
>
> It appears to me that the extra column is uatyp10
>
> Many Thanks for your Assistance,
>
> Jeff
>
> --

Mario Sileone