[postgis-users] tiger_geocoder import error

Stephen Woodbridge woodbri at swoodbridge.com
Tue May 22 10:51:12 PDT 2012

Depends on if you just want to rename them or copy them!

Rename like:

create schema tiger_data;
begin;
-- first rename the table
alter table tiger_staging.fl_tabblock10 rename fl_tabblock;
-- then move it to the new schema
alter table tiger_staging.fl_tabblock set schema tiger_data;
commit;

If there are name conflicts you can move it to the new schema then
rename it. If you want to copy the data then look at commands like:

create table tiger_data.fl_tabblock as select * from
tiger_staging.fl_tabblock10;

or

insert into tiger_data.fl_tabblock (<column_list>) select <column_list>
from tiger_staging.fl_tabblock10;

-Steve W