[postgis-users] Getting error that "$libdir/postgis-2.0" cannot be found. Need help with a fix!

Alex Irlik irlanco at gmail.com
Tue May 29 19:03:10 PDT 2012

Hey guys,

I started getting this error today when I try to select from a column that
holds a geometry value

ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-2.0"

My selects have been working fine before, but this just started happening
today. Any tips on how to fix this? I have been keeping my linux server
up-to-date if that effects anything. I did not change the postgresql or
postgis settings or files in any way recently, except for updates if there
were any.

This error appears when I load up pgadmin as well as conducting select
queries on this certain column.

Any help would be much appreciated :)

Thanks