[postgis-users] Pg_wrapper error

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:41:42 PDT 2012

On Thu, Oct 25, 2012 at 11:26 AM, José Pedro Santos
<zpsantos1 at hotmail.com> wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I have one problem when I try to load raster to Postgis with the script
> raster2pgsql from the shell.
>
> I have this error: Error: pg_wrapper: invalid command name
>
> Before this error (I have Postgis version 2.0) I can't use the command
> (raster2pgsql) in the shell (was not found) but i enable it with this
> expression:
>
> sudo ln -sf /usr/share/postgresql-common/pg_wrapper /usr/bin/raster2pgsql
>
> After that the error about pg_wrapper appear.
>
> Any suggestion?
>
> Best Regards and thanks,
> Jose Santos

raster2pgsql and shp2pgsql are not links to pg_wrapper. The error you
are getting is exactly what I get if I try to call pg_wrapper
directly, but raster2pgsql works because it is installed and exists as
an executable in /usr/bin.

Remove the link to pg_wrapper figure out why raster2pgsql isn't
installed. How did you install PostGIS 2? What OS? Is shp2pgsql
installed and working? If it is, is raster2pgsql available in the same
directory? etc.

--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College