[postgis-users] Pg_wrapper error

Lee Hachadoorian Lee.Hachadoorian+L at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 07:58:22 PDT 2012

On Fri, Oct 26, 2012 at 10:51 AM, José Pedro Santos
<zpsantos1 at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> raster2pgsql don't work also shp2pgsql don't work (I have the Postgis 2.0
> installed in Ubuntu 12.04). I just enable the function but seems that the
> pg_wrapper don't work.
>
> I have all the raster2... and shp2... in /usr/bin but don't work when I try
> to call them in the shell.

When you say you have raster2pgsql and shp2pgsql in /usr/bin, do you
have executables or just the symlinks you created? If you call
shp2pgsql without arguments do you get the help commands? Can you
output it to a file? That is instead of:

    shp2pgsql /home/user/Downloads/Africa_Boundaries/africa.shp
teste2.africa | psql -d MyDatabase

can you

    shp2pgsql /home/user/Downloads/Africa_Boundaries/africa.shp
teste2.africa > /home/user/Downloads/import_africa.sql

?

--Lee

--
Lee Hachadoorian
Asst Professor of Geography, Dartmouth College