[postgis-users] ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.5"

Sergey a_s_y at sama.ru
Fri Sep 7 01:58:38 PDT 2012

On Wednesday 05 September 2012, Sergey wrote:

> > > ERROR: could not access file "$libdir/postgis-1.5": No such file or directory
> > > SQL state: 58P01
>
> Puneet, can you describe your case ? I ran into this same problem.

Problem solved.

I did not pay attention what Postgresql works in chroot environment
in my system. A package which make chroot environment for Postgresql
did not know about PostGIS. I copied by hand some library to
/var/lib/pgsql-root:

/usr/lib/pgsql/postgis-1.5.so
/usr/lib/libgeos_c.so.1
/usr/lib/libgeos_c.so.1.8.0