[postgis-users] Applying symbology to a raster

Pietro Wadeci pietrowadeci at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 5 02:28:28 PDT 2013

Hi,

I have loaded a digital elevation model into PostGIS with the command line:
raster2pgsql -s 4326 -I -C -M -N -32768 C:/temp/myDEM.tif dem | psql -h localhost -d myDB -U postgres

I have also tested the QGIS 1.8 raster loader.

In both cases the raster has been loaded correctly. I can see it in QGIS, I can clip it, generate contours, and apply other functions.
There is one band (16BSI).

However, I do not manage to apply a symbology in QGIS, e.g. a color ramp. How should I do? Did I miss a step?

Thanks for your reply.