[postgis-users] Finding closet intersect point along direction of line

adrian.kitchingman at dse.vic.gov.au adrian.kitchingman at dse.vic.gov.au
Tue Apr 9 22:34:04 PDT 2013

Hi All

I'm looking to see if anyone has a PostGIS solution to finding the closest
point on another polyline to a line end point along the line's azimuth.
The picture attached shows what I'm looking for. For end point A the usual
closest point is B but I want C. The picture shows a polygon but I expect
a conversion to polyline to get points on the edge.

Cheers

Adrian

Using: PostGIS 2.0 on PostgreSQL 9.2, Windows 7

Notice: