[postgis-users] ST_RotateX with pointOrigin!

Mike Toews mwtoews at gmail.com
Sun Dec 15 18:27:03 PST 2013

What do you need to rotate on either X or Y axes? And is it always aligned
to either grid directions? I personally see these functions as rather
limiting and wouldn't miss them if they vanished.

I have thought of developing a better 3d rotate function that is
independent of grid X and Y assumptions. Either a function that takes Euler
angles, or strike & dip (& possibly rake) angles used by geologists. If
there is any interest on these, I can figure some stuff out.

-Mike